The BTU®, Biofuel Tank Upgrade, is a cost-effective solution for upgrading existing fiberglass tanks to meet new regulations. Many of the earliest generation fiberglass tanks were not tested for biodiesel or ethanol blends exceeding 10%. This upgrade makes any existing tank compatible with fuel blends up to E100 and B100.
The BTU® can be applied in combination with typical tank upgrades like sumps and collars or as a stand-alone service. For sites with multiple tanks, we can apply the upgrade one tank at a time to avoid fully closing your operation throughout the process. This is not a conventional tank liner; we layer the entire interior of your tank with modern fiberglass, truly making the tank itself compatible with these newer fuel blends.
In most cases the candidates for the BTU® are older tanks, as modern tanks are already compatible with these fuels.
- Eliminates costly tank replacement and downtime
- Ethanol and ethanol blends from 0-100% including E15 and E85
- Complies with American Petroleum Institute Standard
- Interior Lining and Periodic Inspection of Underground Storage Tanks (see sections on FRP tanks)
- Complies with Fiberglass Tank and Pipe Institute’s Recommended Practice
- Re-manufacturing of Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) Underground Storage Tanks (including Change of Contents Section 6)
- Utilizes materials currently listed for the storage of petroleum products, alcohol’s and alcohol gasoline mixtures in Underwriters Laboratories Standard
- Glass-Fiber-Reinforced Plastic Underground Tanks for Petroleum Products, Alcohols, and Alcohol-Gasoline Mixtures
- Compatible with BioDiesel as defined by the American Society for Testing and Materials Standard
- Specification for BioDiesel Fuel Blend Stock (B100) for Middle Distillate Fuels
- Complies with National Leak Prevention Association NLPA Standard
- Entry, Cleaning, Interior Inspection, Repair, and Lining of Underground Tanks
- For product literature Click Here